Monday 5 October 2009

Pampling just one behind at Turning Stone


Rod Pampling shot a terrific round of 65 in the 3rd round of the PGA Tour’s Turning Stone Resort Championship held in Verona, New York. Rod fired off seven birdies and no bogeys and is now heading into the final round just one shot from the lead at 13 under par.

Pampling admitted the improvement in conditions after two days of strong wind and rain had helped.

"I could actually swing away out there instead of trying to muscle through all the rain jackets et cetera and actually had nice temperatures as well, so it definitely helped."

"I've been driving well, hitting a lot of good iron shots and making a lot of nice putts. In the first two days I guess I just had a few little bogeys and a double early, but today was nice. I didn't really get into any trouble."

"I had a bit of trouble on 17 and made a good putt there to save par, but pretty much the whole day was really solid."

Rod is now in a great position to claim the USD$1,080,00 winners cheque and a 3rd PGA Tour victory. Good luck Pamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment